Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bringin' 'Em Back

Driving to work tonight I got wondering who I'd like to bring back from the grave for a meeting of the minds. If I could have a conference with a dozen (12) people who have died, who would they be? Morbid? I don't think so! I'd love to have these twelve individuals sitting around a table for an evening. I'd be picking their brains. Asking for advice. Inquiring how they were able to do what they did. Here's a list that I came up with (in no particular order):

1. My father, Chester W. Fisher
2. George Muller, Orphanage Builder and Man of Faith
3. Jim Elliot, Martyred Missionary
4. The Apostle Paul
5. Jesus, of course
6. Amy Carmichael, Missionary to India
7. Grandma Fisher
8. Charles Spurgeon, Prince of Preachers
9. J. Hudson Taylor, Missionary to China
10. Grandma Powers

Now who would be on your list? Please let me know, just for fun! THANKS!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear David..I guess I can find a list of twelve names--like you said in no particular order except that Charles Spurgeon would be on the top of the list.He is my favorite.
1. Charles Spurgeon
2. Jake Hess
3. Doctor Walter L. Wilson
4. Vestal Goodman
5. Gypsy Smith
6. Dwight Moody
7. Abraham Linclon
8. Corey ten Boom
9. Warren Parker
10.Billy Sunday
11.The prodigal son
of Luke 15[ I believe that
All of Jesus's stories
are true!]
12.Peter Orasuk

Oh boy! That is quite a unlikely list of people to be meeting together at the table!
But they are all Chrisians and if they were come back from the grave, maybe they could tell us about how beautiful heaven must be!!.....From Terry

PS If that quartet that you mentioned in "Pilgims Scribblings" would attend, then they could do some really good Southern gospel singing if and when there was a lull in the conversation!!