Sunday, July 02, 2006

Fascinated

Since I was a young boy I have been fascinated and challenged by the life of implicit faith personified by George Muller.

Here are three of his quotes. I'll post more later.

"A servant of God has but one Master."


"It ill becomes the servant to seek to be rich, and great, and honoured in that world where his Lord was poor, and mean, and despised."

"At last I saw Christ as my Saviour. I believed in Him and gave myself to Him. The burden rolled from off me, and a great love for Christ filled my soul. That was more than fifty years ago. I loved Jesus Christ then, but I loved Him more the year after, and more the year after that, and more every year since."


Here is a picture of some of the Muller orphanage buildings at Ashley Down in Bristol, England.

No comments: