Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Ticket Is Paid For

Well friends, I did it! I bought my ticket for London, England and will fly February 27th, Lord willing, to Gatwick airport to begin 8-9 days of reliving history.

I've dreamed of this for over 50 years and now it's coming to pass!

One of the highlights will be a trip from London to Olney to see the Cowper/Newton Museum. Of course John Newton wrote the famed hymn, Amazing Grace and William Cowper (pronounced "Cooper")wrote There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood, which is in my top 10 of all time favorite hymns.

Thanks for your prayers as I plan this trip. I'll be blogging throughout my travels to keep you up to date on what I'm experiencing. Hopefully you'll vicariously take the trip with me.

Stay posted!

1 comment:

gracie said...

and God moves in a Mysterious way - one of my all time favourite hymns.
And yet Cowper died in despair with no visible assurance of faith - a mystery to us.

I can't believe you could possibly need more books - perhaps you should just bring them back for the rest of us! I'll take a dozen Gatsby's hymnals please :o)